Thursday, December 31, 2009

"The system worked"

Ouch.

As a Catholic, that's all I have to say about this post by the pseudonymous Diogenes over at Catholic Culture.

Talking about the federal government's foolish and ridiculous response to the underwear bomber (i.e. inconveniencing all travelers instead of using the existing system to focus on actual security threats), Diogenes says,

It’s an absurd reaction. It would be comical if it weren’t so infuriating. It’s almost as if the US bishops, having allowed known molesters to work with children for years, decided that the most appropriate remedy was to force parents to undergo background checks before serving as playground monitors.

Can you imagine that happening? Funny, I can.

I wish I couldn't. Boy does the truth hurt.

Hopefully one day men of integrity will once again comprise a majority of US Bishops. That hasn't been the case for decades, but I pray I will see that day.

No comments: