Sunday, December 7, 2008

Finally, a place for my big mouth to call home.

I finally decided to take my wife's advice and start my own blog. Previously, I'd used the blog she created to chronicle our time teaching in South Korea as a space to air my thoughts on politics, religion, and social issues. She wasn't pleased, but I refused to get my own blog. Well, with our time in South Korea rapidly drawing to a close (two weeks from today, we'll be in an American Airlines plane flying over the Pacific, en route to Chicago) my couple-blog soapbox is in its last days. I need to find a new place for my thoughts to call home. As the title of this blog indicates, this is the place.

This is the place where I'll air my views on serious subjects (faith, politics, social issues, and the like) as well as less serious subjects (movies, sports, books, family stuff, etc.). This is the outlet that will give my friends and family release from my emails and article forwards, as well as the discussions I try to strike up because a really important thought comes to mind that I have to share with somebody. It's the place where my logorrheic tendencies can work themselves out into something that's hopefully more coherent and meaningful. It's the place my big mouth can finally call home.

Welcome.

No comments: